Thursday, November 15, 2012

Uterus Frustrations

So here's the thing, Mark and decided in September that we were going to actively try for another baby.  It's November and I am already discouraged.  I mean, realistically, did I really think it would happen in the first two months of trying?  No.  Kind of realistically, did I already have my grand reveal plan for the Christmas family gatherings?  Yes. 

I guess what I dread most is that it will take as long as it took with Karter to get pregnant.  That was a lot of negative pregnancy tests, a lot of doctors appointments and a LOT of blood drawn.  I'm hoping to not have to do all of that this time because I was really getting too friendly with the lab techs at CompuNet.

I ultimately know that God's timing is much wiser and grander than my own.  While I think I NEED a baby now, God's probably like: "Hey girl, remember all those sleepless nights you whined about before?  Enjoy these 11.5 hrs of peace and quiet now while you can."  I know, looking back, that even though I wanted Karter after one month of trying, God knew exactly when to send him to us.  So, while technically I'm being impatient, I know God's got this and I'm ok with that (but it would be totally awesome if He could just tell me when I'll get pregnant so I don't get my hopes up each month.)

Hopefully, I will soon be posting a picture letting the facebook world know that there is a baby in my belly (seriously, I have the greatest idea ever and I didn't even Pinterest it.)  Until then, I am gladly taking donations of pregnancy tests because I don't think Mark will allow me to buy anymore (so I might be kind of obsessed...)

No comments:

Post a Comment