Thursday, October 27, 2011

Our Special Connection

It's official, well it was official like 6 weeks ago, Karter is a momma's boy.  There's no denying it, as much as Mark might like to!  Karter seems to have decided that the only person he is really going to like in life is me, which is an honor and a curse all at the same time.

In his first few weeks of life, Karter seemed to be crazy about his dad and other family members, but it seems that things have taken a turn for the worse. Now, Karter screams at the top of his little pterodactyl lungs every time someone else tries to hold him.  This case of the "mommy's" may be due to the fact that he spends the majority of his waking hours (which is about 20 hrs a day) with me. 

At first, I was touched that he liked me so much.  I mean it was kind of rewarding to know that I was the only one who could console my little man.  But now, I just wish I could make him like someone other than me.  The muscles in my arms are bulging now due to having to hold him all the time, which I guess is fine as I never liked lifting weights anyway.  So how do I do get him to like anyone else but me? 

I guess I should take advantage of this time that he wants to be with only me...because chances are in a few months or years he will probably want nothing to do with me and just want to be with his dad.  Let's just hope he outgrows being a momma's boy by the time he is 18...

No comments:

Post a Comment