Sunday, May 6, 2012

Swimming Trunks

Sometimes it's the little things that are the greatest reminder of how blessed we really are.  Today, for me, it was a pair of swimming trunks.  As I went to get them off the porch tonight, as they had dried out from today's festivities, I was reminded of how very blessed I am that I have a little boy to fill those trunks up. 

It's funny how much life has changed by that little bottom that fills those trunks.  Sunday's used to be the perfect time for Mark and I to complete the tasks around the house that had been piling up all week.  Now, we have to tag team it, as one person plays with Karter and the other person takes care of the never-ending to do list.  It's hard not to take for granted the time we have with Karter when we're busy thinking about the grass that needs mowed, the dog hair that needs swept up and the dishes that won't stop piling up.

While Mark mowed the grass today, I got to play with Karter in the baby pool, which was his first experience in water, besides the bathtub.  He was adorable, as to be expected, and seemed to love it.  I was busy snapping up every picture I could of the moment because I didn't want to forget it.

At the end of the day, I may not have gotten all of my to-do's done, but I brought in those little swimming trunks, and I realized that I got the most important "to do" crossed off today.  Now that's a good day.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this blog today, Megan! I feel like you were able to sum up the joys of parenthood quite perfectly. the "to-do" list can be worked on after kids go to sleep. but you can't take them swimming, or make a picture frame, or pudding with them while they are out for the evening! something as simple as watching the kids splash around in the pool brings far more joy and accomplishment than dishes and laundry :) thanks for the post. it was a bright way to read my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always try and think...what will I remember a few years from now, or a few days...the dishes that I did or the time I had with Karter. Karter always wins!:)

    ReplyDelete