Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Baby Blues

I don't know if I would consider myself going through the baby blues... maybe the baby cerulean (it's my favorite shade of blue.)  I love my little man and I look at his precious face and think "life doesn't get any better than this", but then I still find myself crying at the most random of things.  I cry because I love my husband so much, I cry because I want Mark to get sleep at night, I cry because my mom has helped me out so much, etc.  So it's not that I am sad and I am crying, I am just overly emotional. 

Luckily, Mark has been super understanding.  When I cry to him for no apparent reason, he reassures me that I have been through a lot and it is normal for me to be emotional.  The thing is, prior to having Karter, I just wasn't a crier.  The last time I really teared up was probably watching the ending of "The Notebook."  Mark promises me that he doesn't think I am crazy...yet anyway.

I just hope that one day my emotions start to level out.  I know it's only been a week and a half and I should cut myself some slack, but I'm going through the Kleenex pretty quickly over here.  Oh well, I guess I will know it's over when I can watch a Hallmark commercial and not cry...

1 comment:

  1. I promise it will get better. I had it with you for 6 months and it's the craziest thing because you cry over things you normally wouldn't. Your hormones have been jumbled up for over 9 months now. Love ya, mom

    ReplyDelete