Monday, August 29, 2011

My post baby body

So I loved getting my belly while pregnant.  It was something I had lusted after while Mark and I tried to get pregnant.  It was a sign that "we did it!  We actually made a baby!"  It became less appealing when the stretch marks started to appear and a little less when my belly button disappeared (I'm happy to report that my belly button is now back and intact.)

Now I find myself 2 weeks after having Karter and I couldn't love my body more.  I am happy to report after gaining 30 pounds during my pregnancy I am now within 8 pounds of my pre-Karter weight (that's for all of those who felt it was necessary to tell me how large I was during my pregnancy.)  I am no where near what I looked like before I got pregnant, but I am really ok with that.  My stomach is still flabby, I have a c-section incision scar, and the stretch marks are still there and prominent, but that's what makes my body beautiful now.  The thing is, is that flabby stomach is proof that I carried a baby in there for 40 weeks; that scar is a reminder of how blessed we are that there was a way to get Karter safely into this world; and those stretch marks, well, I really have nothing good to say about them:)  I won't be getting into a two piece anytime soon, but I have a healthy baby boy and my husband still thinks I'm hot, so really, what more could I need?

No comments:

Post a Comment