Friday, July 6, 2012

A Day in the Life

One day, when I have a houseful of my own kids running around, I may want to look back on the time when I had only one child to chase after.  Or maybe Karter will ask me one day what he was like as a baby.  If not for this post, I may have no idea as I will probably have gone crazy by then.  So that I may be able to answer this question one day, I call this "A Day in the Life of Karter:"

3-5am: Karter is up throwing a party in his crib, because really, sleep is a waste of time.  It was like no party I had ever attended, as it involved a lot of tears, rocking, and sighs.

6:40am:  Up for the day, because who needs to make up for the missing 2 hours of sleep.

7:15am: Repairman shows up to finally fix the piece of roof that fell off during bad storm a week ago.  I go to pay him and can't find the check book.

7:17am: I call Mark, blaming him for the missing check book.  He sends me on a wild goose chase for the check book throughout the house.

7:20: I locate missing checkbook wedged between books on the bookshelf.  Where Karter put it.

7:55:  Karter and I go up to brush our teeth.  While I brush, Karter crawls away with his toothbrush, brushing the floor that hasn't been cleaned in forever.

9:30am: Grammie shows up with frappes from McDonald's.  Karter's mouth immediately starts moving up and down signaling he wants it and needs it.

9:45am:  I take a shower.  Grammie is only able to console Karter by feeding him large amounts of frappe.  He refuses to drink from her cup and will only drink when given some from mine.  They are the exact same drink.

11:45am: Lunch is served, and what an amazing array of food that is laid before him: snow peas from the garden, watermelon, baby food, bean and cheese tortilla, greek yogurt, and pita chips.  The only thing he eats?  Yogurt and pita chips.

12:30pm:  Zerberts take a turn for the worse.  They now involve teeth.  Very sharp teeth.  I scream, Karter continues.  My thigh is now red in baby bites.

3:00pm:  Karter throws a fit so that I will give him more puffs.  And my phone.  Karter then throws my phone on the floor and then removes the back.  The phone is no longer in his possession.

4:54pm:  Mark calls.  I'm not sure who is more excited that he is coming home a few minutes early.

5:20pm:  Mark gets home and is hungry. He opens a banana.  Karter opens his mouth.  Soon, most of the banana has been ingested by Karter. 

6:00pm: It's bedtime.  Praise the Lord.  Though I love him dearly, bed time is a celebration in this house.

7:30pm: I stare longingly at the video monitor.  I miss him when he looks so sweet sleeping.  And then he moves....

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up! You are a wonderful mom and wife. Keeping this blog will help keep you sane!

    ReplyDelete