Thursday, October 18, 2012

Career Choice

As I watched Karter create havoc play today, I began to think about what he may want to be when he grows up.  I mean, obviously I will love him no matter what he chooses, but I couldn't help but start to formulate some ideas as to what profession he may go into (hopefully something that will make him millions and allow us to retire early.)  So, just in case he is struggling when he graduates high school/college because he's not sure what to do, here are some ideas he can look back upon:

-Demolition Man: He loves to destroy things. If blocks are piled up higher than one, he has to run over and knock them down.  This often causes a problem when the kids I watch are trying to build, because Karter's main mission is to destroy. 

-Professional Baseball Player:  I don't think I am biased, this kid has an arm.  Mark and I had a talk the other day about whether or not we should teach him to roll balls in the house instead of throw because he has such a powerful throw but then we decided not to quench his talent.  So what if it costs us a flat screen tv?

-A Librarian:  This child loves books.  Loves them.  That's probably because his grammie bought him 2857498794375 books.  I think he probably spent about 2 hours today reading books (not all together, of course.)  He sits down alone and reads stories out loud to himself.  Kind of adorable.

-Professional Eater:  He could eat all day long.  If he's not running over to the pantry getting out the graham crackers and capri suns, then he is constantly signing "more."  It's ridiculous.  By the end of the day his belly is so hard and bulging out because he has had 10 meals.  Sometimes I think he eats more than I do (unfortunately I have the same belly problem as he does, though.)

-Olympic Swimmer:  We have laminate floors in the kitchen/dining/hall area and one of his new favorite things to do is to lay down on his belly and swim across them.  He just slides all over them, which is disgusting considering the last time I mopped them.  I might just put a Swiffer cloth on his belly next time...why not kill two birds with one stone?


No comments:

Post a Comment