Monday, October 22, 2012

My Heart Just Threw Up A Little

This past weekend, Mark and I enjoyed a date night, i.e. sitting through an entire church service together followed by dinner and ice cream.  As we were discussing our adorable baby over sub par blizzards (pumpkin pie, not worth it), I told Mark that it feels like I love Karter so much that my heart is throwing up a little.  For some reason, this is not how he described how he felt about Karter, but whatev.

But seriously, I'm pretty sure there is no better way to describe it.  It's amazing how something so little creates such a big emotion in me.  He makes my heart swell with so much pride, joy and affection.  Yes, even when he is up at 6am.

It seems like everyday he is discovering something new (unfortunately, today it was the corner of the fireplace.)  Each day I think "this is my new favorite thing he does" only to replace it with something even more adorable the next day.  Although I'm not sure anything can beat the cuteness of him running into my arms giggling.  Or his cute little baby voice.  Or him yelling "baaa" when you ask what the cow says.  Or his...well, you get the point.

So the moral of the story is I'm crazy about my child.  I love him so much...so much so that I don't even mind he's making my heart throw up.

1 comment:

  1. I totally get this!!!!! As gross as it sounds. He amazes me everytime I'm with him! But he has pretty amazing parents too.

    ReplyDelete