Friday, February 22, 2013

I Appreciate...

Days are getting tough here in the Gariety household.  Tantrums are many and patience is few.  Today, in one of Karter's nicer moments, I just looked at my little guy and my heart overflowed with love for him.  So instead of focusing on his never ceasing climbing and karate kicking diaper changes, I decided to think of all the positives...

18 month old Karter, the things I appreciate about you are...

-The fact that you cleaned up the crayons you purposefully spilled all over the floor today.  While this did not come without a battle, I appreciate that at only the promise of a double high five you finally gave in.  I was only a slightly less appreciative when the high five went on for 10 minutes and when each one began with a running start and ended with a dive, but that's besides the point.

-Your desire to keep a clean household (well you want me to keep a clean household.)  Your new favorite word is "dirt" and I'd be lying if I said I heard you utter it less than 100 times today.  Yes, I see that fuzz on the floor.  No, I don't want to pick it up and take it to the trash can.  But after your insist upon it for several minutes, I give in and pick it up...then throw it across the room to where you can't see it (the trash can was too far.)

-Your ability to make your dad do silly things.  Your second favorite word right now is "hat" and it's the only thing you care about it.  If I ask you if you want daddy to come home, all you say is "hat" because you want dad to come in wearing it. There have been several nights in the last few weeks when we had to bribe you to eat your dinner by having your dad wear his knit hat at the dinner table.  Tonight, after I got home from the store, your dad told me his cold got worse tonight because he was so hot while giving you a bath due to you demanding he wear his knit hat while the space heater was on.  Makes me chuckle just thinking about it.

-You are just turning into such a little man.  Everyday I am more amazed at who you are and what you are becoming.  I knew it was inevitable that you would grow up, but now that it's starting to happen, I am trying to savor every moment.  Sure, the days are tough, but I wouldn't trade these days with you for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment