Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Performance Review

I've said it before and I will say it again, I am so blessed to be able to stay at home with Karter. I can't imagine trading this time with him for any amount of money, possessions or hours of sleep.  Can it get monotonous?  Sure.  But it's so worth it. 

Today as we were playing, I was thinking to myself how I haven't had to have a performance review for a job in a year and a half.  Mentally, I started reviewing myself in my role as a mother.  There were areas that definitely need improving (but who doesn't, right?) but I tried to focus on my strengths.  I decided that there was one area that I would get an A+ on, and that's loving him.

I love him so much that words wouldn't do it justice to try and describe.  I must tell him 500 times a day how much I love him and follow each of these with a kiss (mixed with a little snot, on his end at least.)  If I do one thing for him as a mother, I want him to know that I love him and I will love him unconditionally.

I may let a Happy Meal or two slip in, his pants may get covered in dog hair because I haven't vacuumed the basement stairs in forever, but he's loved and he knows it.  And that's way more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment