Tuesday, February 21, 2012

940 Saturdays

I was reading my Parents magazine last night and was shocked by an article I read.  The author informed me that from birth to the time Karter is ready to go to college, I only have 940 Saturdays with him.  As of this point in time, I only have 913 Saturdays left with him until he's ready to conquer the world on his own.  How is that possible? 

They say that time flies when you have a child and that "they grow up so fast."  I'm starting to realize that is the truth!  While the first couple of weeks dragged on, as we were all adjusting to our new schedule and family dynamic, it now seems that there is a fast forward button on my life and Karter is growing up faster than I can restock his closet with clothes that fit!

The author of this article gave several lame examples of how to use those 940 Saturdays and the time you have with your children (I mean seriously, putting sprinkles on an ice cream sundae?  Please.)  But it made me think of all the things that I want to do with Karter before he's out on his own.  I often think of making my own bucket list, but maybe it would be more beneficial to make a bucket list of things that I want to do with my children.  Because before I know it, my 913 Saturdays will turn into 1 Saturday left...(I'm already stocking up on the tissues.)

No comments:

Post a Comment