Friday, February 24, 2012

The Baby Assembly Line

Let's get real here.  Maybe I'm a horrible person or maybe I'm vain...but one of my biggest worries in having a baby was that it wouldn't be "cute."  I mean, there are babies out there that I look at and wonder "I wonder if he looks cute to his parents?"  Does/did anyone else have this fear? (I mean obviously, I had other important concerns, but this was one of them!)

It bugs me when you ask people if they want a boy or girl or if they have any other hopes and aspirations for their baby and they reply with an "Oh, I just want a healthy baby."  Umm, duh.  Who doesn't want a healthy baby?  I was pretty vocal when I got pregnant that I wanted a boy.  Would I have traded my child if it came out as a girl?  No...but her hair would have always been a mess, that's for darn sure.  So yes, I wanted a healthy child, and yes I wanted it to be a boy, and yes I wanted it to be cute.  And yes, I did want it in that order.

I know I'm incredibly blessed because not only did I get a healthy child and a boy, but I got a cute child as well.  Seriously, he's the cutest baby that I have ever seen in my entire life.  Don't even lie, when you've seen his picture, you've thought the same thing.  I'm pretty sure I'm not exaggerating here or viewing him through my "Mom Goggles" (similar to beer goggles, but without the beer.)  He's cute...freakin' cute.

Which leads me to the title of my blog.  Sometimes when I imagine God creating Karter, I imagine heaven as kind of a Santa's workshop of sorts.  The angels working the assembly line, putting together baby body parts as God directs (disclaimer: this is not biblically based, nowhere in the Bible does it mention a baby assembly line, just in case you were wondering.)   When I think about this, I imagine God picking out all of the most perfect parts for Karter-to his roly-poly thighs, to his strawberry blond hair, to his rubber band wrist (my brother Matt says that it looks like he has a rubber band between his wrist and hand because of the roll.)

Now, I know you are probably sitting there shaking your head and thinking "nope, God used all the perfect parts on my baby."  And that's probably true, too.  It's just amazing that all these perfect parts were put together to create the most perfect baby for Mark and I.  I couldn't have drawn a more perfect looking stick figure baby if I tried.  Which is why God is God.

So, I hope you don't think I am being petty or vain.  I'm just being honest.  I would love Karter so so much even if he wasn't the cutest baby in the world...but it certainly makes blasting his face all over facebook a little more justifiable;)

No comments:

Post a Comment