Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Lord, I love him

It's been awhile since Karter and I have rocked in my rocker at night, especially since he's been sleeping in our bed and I just turn and nurse him.  Now that we are sleep training, he's back in his crib and I'm back in the rocker for night feedings. When we are spending that special time together, I like to pray over him.  I believe it's never too early to start praying for his future...his spouse, his happiness, even his ability to pass the driver's exam (though now that I think of it, perhaps I shouldn't pray for this so he'll always need me:)

Last night while I was praying for him I found myself saying the same thing over and over again "Lord, I love him."  It wasn't a prayer for his future, or happiness or safety, but I think it was a powerful prayer just the same.  In those four words, I was sending out praises to God for giving me Karter.  In those four words, I was letting God know I would do my best to take such good care of this awesome gift He gave me. In those four words, I was reminded myself just how much I love Karter.

When I looked in the mirror at my belly this morning (vain, I know, but I like to see the progress of it shrinking) the thought crossed my mind that perhaps I won't be able to get pregnant again.  What if the right factors worked to make Karter won't be there for another baby?  How will I handle this? It was motivation for me to soak up every moment I have with Karter and to cherish every smile, new milestone, every cry.

So I should probably make this post short, so not to be a hyprocrite about cherishing every moment with my little man.  I've got a little cutie to my right screaming in joy at the top of his lungs ready to sing songs, play with his monkeys and impress his momma with his new tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment