Thursday, September 15, 2011

Baby Items

I am still in some disbelief that BabysRUs exists.  Isn't it crazy that there is an entire store devoted to baby items?  I mean really, all Karter does is poop, eat and sleep...how could he possibly have a need for all those items in the store?  Well, as it turns out, I have decided that maybe he does need some of those items.  In fact, during this month I have come up with a list of additional baby items that need to be invented to make life with a newborn easier.

-A automatic back patter-Who hasn't sat their with their newborn patting their back wondering if their hand is going to fall off?  Karter's kind of high maintenance and likes to be on our chest while we pat his back in order to fall asleep.  There's been many a time when I thought my arm just didn't have another pat in it but I had to keep it up or he would wake up.  What I wouldn't give for an automatic hand that would pat him for me when my arms can't take it anymore.

-Baby hammock-So apparently it's a big SIDS risk for babies to sleep on their bellies.  It's unfortunate really, because Karter prefers to sleep on his belly, at least I think.  So I've thought that if he had a mesh like mattress, specifically a hammock with sides, he could sleep on his belly and still breath.

-A replica of a human chest- As I said above, Karter prefers to fall asleep on our chest, which is cute...for awhile.  But at 3 am when you just want to sleep and he will cry if he leaves your chest, you get kind of desperate for a spare chest.  Last night, he was in such an odd position on me but I couldn't move, and half of my body went numb.  Plus, it gets kind of sweaty when he lays his head on my chest...this boy has an abundance of hair that creates a lot of heat!

So if anyone from BabysRUs is reading this, please help a girl out and get to work on these things!

No comments:

Post a Comment