Thursday, September 22, 2011

No more "first"

Today was my six week post partum check up at the doctor (only 3 lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight now-can I get a hooray?!)  As I was sitting in the waiting room, not so patiently after 40 minutes, I was looking around at all the pregnant women around me.  Now believe me, towards the end of my pregnancy I was ready to be done with the whole pregnancy thing and just meet my little man, but looking at those pregnant women made me miss being pregnant.  I miss rubbing my belly, feeling that closeness to my little guy, and looking in the mirror and finally having an excuse for having a belly!  Not only did it make me a little sad that my pregnancy is over, it made me sad that my first pregnancy is over.  While I will be so joyous if Mark and I are blessed with more little ones (hopefully ones that come out of the womb sleeping!), I'll never get to be pregnant for the first time again.  When people ask me when I am pregnant again if this is my first, I'll have to reply 'no.'  It's always after an experience that I look back and wonder if I really took advantage of it or if I made sure to enjoy the experience for all it was worth.  Getting through my first pregnancy is kind of one of those major milestones that make me sad that it's over but leave me looking forward to the future.  I hope that I milked the whole first pregnancy thing for all it was worth!  While these past few weeks have been rough, I can't wait until I am one of those women again in the waiting room with a pregnant belly...even if it won't be my first!

Disclaimer-don't worry, there's no bun in the oven or will there be for awhile:)

No comments:

Post a Comment