Sunday, September 25, 2011

Mommy-isms

Even though I've only been a mom for 6 weeks now, I'm already finding myself doing things I never dreamed I would do.  I blame these things on hormones and my overwhelming love for my little guy.  Since I love lists, I thought it would only be appropriate if I made a list concerning these mommy-isms.

You know you're a mom when...

-Instead of sizing up your car to someone else's, you now find yourself sizing up your stoller to another mom's (I have serious stroller lust.)
-For some reason, all words now have an "ies" added to the end.  For example, "did you go poopies?"  It's a sickness.
-The phrase "give him the finger" now means "put your finger in his mouth as soon as possible to stop the crying".  It no longer has an offensive connotation. 
-Your sleep is disrupted by worries of your 6 week old's marriage ending in divorce or not passing his driver's exam.
-You've lost the grossness factor.  I wouldn't pick my own nose, but I have no problem wiping snot out of Karter's nose or earwax out of his ears.
-You're willing to put up with all sorts of pain in order to not disturb the baby sleeping on your chest by moving to a more comfortable position. 
-Your showers are now no longer than 5 minutes because there is a little someone screaming on the other side of the curtain because they want to be held. 

These are just a few...feel free to add your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment