Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I Am Seeking Treatment for Exhaustion

Wouldn't that be nice.  I mean, wouldn't it be ridiculousness if you read that as my facebook status one day?  This was the top story on People.com "Demi Moore Seeing Treatment for Exhaustion."  Oh please, Demi Moore, like you even know exhaustion.  You know, I used to think I knew what tired was, and then I had a baby.

I wonder what it is like to be a celebrity and to be able to take a vacation from your life to be "treated" for this illness. I'm guessing that Demi wasn't up every hour last night to deal with a fussy baby.  Sure, she's going through a public divorce with someone half her age, but really, people get divorced everyday and they don't have to seek this supposed "treatment."  The article said that she will be receiving "professional assistance to treat her exhaustion." Umm, what are they going to do-read her a bed time story and warm up a glass of milk each night?

I know she is a mother and has experienced her fair share of sleepless nights, which I figure would toughen her up.  Apparently, not.

Isn't really funny to think about what you think was tired before you became a mom or parent?  Believe me, before I had a baby I would think I was the most tired person ever and that no one could be as tired as me, but that was a lie.  No matter how little sleep I would get one night because of homework assignments due or watching ridiculous movies with Lisa, I always had the luxury of taking a nap the next day or sleeping in on the weekend.  Those days of reprieve are no longer. Now, my idea of luxury in relation to sleeping is getting 2 straight hours of sleep.

Demi, in case you are reading this, please book me a room next to yours in the Exhaustion Treatment Facility. (And pay for it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment