Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Best Thing I Ever Did For My Son...

Was to give him a wonderful father as a role model and someone to look up to. I guess I shouldn't take all the credit for this, as God played a major part in bringing us together, but I do like to think my good looks and charm really sealed the deal (your welcome, Karter.)  I may be able to provide him with a way to enter this world, food for his growth, and a mother's love, but a strong and stable father figure is one of the greatest gifts Karter will ever receive. 

But seriously, of all the people in Karter's life who will make an impression on him, his father is the most important and influential.  Mark will be there to teach him to throw his first baseball, yell at the screen as the Brown's make another mistake, and to be a gentleman on his first date...and I couldn't imagine anyone better to do the job.  Karter may not realize it right now, as the only things he realizes are "I'm hungry" and "I'm not going to bed, fools!", but he has such a great teacher and best friend in his dad. 

Most importantly, I know Mark will be a great spiritual leader for Karter, and for that I am so thankful.  I am very blessed to have a strong spiritual leader as a husband with a heart for serving because that is what I want Karter to be one day.  My hope is that Karter will see this in Mark and want to emulate these qualities in his own life.  Lucky is the lady that will get to marry Karter one day, because if he turns out anything like his dad, he will be a great husband and father.

Some say that your relationship with your own father will affect how you will view your relationship with God.  What pressure that is when selecting someone to spend the rest of your life with!  Not only was it important to make sure that Mark was the right one for me, but that he was the right one for me to raise children with.

While there are so many reasons that I love my husband, this is one of the biggest reasons.  When I look at them playing together and Mark is so gentle and kind, I know I made the right decision that hot June day back in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment