Thursday, April 5, 2012

Best Friends

Right now, Karter and I are best friends.  It's something he will probably be ashamed of in a few years, but for now, he loves my company and I his.  Soon, his dad will be his hero and I will be an after thought because I have no idea how to operate any of the cool toys around here (the mower, the tiller, etc.)  As for now though, I'm the one he wants to play with and I'm the one who he shares giggles with for no reason.

Each day, Karter and I usually have some time just us while the other children I watch are sleeping.  Today, we laid on the floor, shoulder to shoulder and just played.  I would put my feet up in the air and then he would...I would wave up at the ceiling, and then he would.  It was pretty adorable, if I do say so myself.  I felt so blessed today that I am his best friend.  I'm the one he wants to mimic, I'm the one he wants to lay shoulder to shoulder with and I'm the one who makes him smile when I turn to kiss him on the cheek.

There was a moment today where I got a little sad.  Sad that my baby boy is going to grow up and won't want to lay next to me and won't think that mimic-ing me is cool anymore.  He's going to make new friends and won't need me as much.  There will be another girl one day that he'd rather have kiss him on the cheek.  How unfair is that??  While it is sometimes a frustration, I am so happy that I am his world right now. 

I hope that he knows that I will always be his best friend.  There is nothing he can do that will make me love him less.  Any time he needs me, I will be here, ready to lay next to him on the floor and giggle about our feet up in the air.



And seriously, if you didn't end this post with the "we're the 3 best friends that anyone could have" song from the Hangover stuck in your head, well, you do now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment