Sunday, April 22, 2012

What Goes In

So we've been delving deeper into the world of solid foods in the Gariety household.  We had been at a solid food stand still for awhile, and as Karter started to refuse more and more veggies, we were running out of things, other than peaches and apples, to feed this child.

Today, as I was grocery shopping and picking up things for my sweet little man I found myself picking out only the best for him.  I mean, from the beginning, I have made my own baby food, mostly from the veggies from our garden.  Now that we are starting to branch out from the Gariety garden goods, I am paranoid about the quality of items that will be ingested into his tiny body.

Mark and I don't eat terrible, his family butcher's their own meat and we eat a lot of veggies from our garden throughout the year, but I would be lying if I said a bag or two of Doritos never entered my cart.  Now that I have Karter, I am definitely evaluating what we eat.  At the same deli counter where I have ordered Mark whatever turkey was on sale, I found myself asking today "which brand is nitrate free?"

I feel like I have the chance to start Karter out on the right path, food wise and it's my responsibility to keep his little body as clean as possible.  Because we all know, it's only a few short years until he's off to college and shoving Easy Mac and Taco Bell in his mouth (not that I would know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment