Thursday, April 19, 2012

When Hands Meet

So among the many new tricks of Karter, I think clapping might be my favorite.  I mean, how do you get any cuter than baby claps? The way his pudgy little hands make little slapping sounds when they meet...it's precious!

Apparently Karter is on to the fact that I love those little claps and is using it to his advantage.  Only took a 30 minute nap the entire day? Hey mom, I'll clap as you pick me up from my crib.  Opening and shutting the cd player?  He was just clapping to the music.  Taking a shelf off the book shelf?  Clapping for his accomplishment.  Removing the cover off the register? Clapping to celebrate his strength and agility.  Eating any shoe he can find?  Clapping because he manages to get the grossest ones.

I'm not sure when the clapping will "just" be another trick he has up his sleeve.  For now, though, I love watching him as he is so proud of himself as he makes his little hands meet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment