Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Night Like This

So Mark is out serving up beer to all those folk who are truly celebrating their Irishness and not using this day as a reason to get intoxicated (lie) and Karter is asleep, which means I get the night to myself.  Usually I hate having time to myself, unless it involves a dark room, my bed and my eyes shut, but tonight I think I'm alright with it.

One of the favorite things about my house is the outdoor space.  As soon as I saw the screened in gazebo attached to the back door when we looked at it the first time, I knew it had to be mine.  The two tiered huge deck was an added bonus, and the view seemed too good to be true.  Maybe not everyone would like the view, but I appreciate being backed up to a cornfield.  I love looking out and seeing only farmhouses (I'm tuning the busy traffic on our state route out) and the sunsets are so pretty here.

With this unseasonably warm weather, I have been waiting for an evening to just come out and sit on our deck for sometime, but something has gotten in the way of me enjoying these beautiful evenings (most importantly, The Bachelor.)  Now that I have this time out here, I am reminded of the summer evenings I would sit out here and wonder when I would be given the chance to be a mom. 

It seems like just yesterday I was sitting in a patio chair looking out over the fields as the sun set talking with God about the sadness I felt, wondering why it was taking me so long and others not so much.  For some reason, this place and this view and those conversations left me with such peace and and understanding that God would provide, one way or another. And He certainly did.

So tonight, I am back in my same spot, reflecting and talking with God...except tonight, I have a baby monitor next to me, on alert in case my little Munch needs me.  Who knew that a baby monitor would be the most welcome accessory to a night out on my deck and a tangible item of an answered prayer?!

No comments:

Post a Comment