Thursday, March 29, 2012

Missing: Red Haired, Non Mobile Infant

I don't even know how it happened, but I've seemed to have lost my baby.  I thought about posting posters around town, but I figure that will do no good.  No one will be able to find him anyhow, he's lost for good. He's been replaced by an almost-crawling-pull-to-standing little boy.  How and when did this happen??  I love the boy he has become, but I miss the baby that he used to be (ok, maybe not the sleepless nights.)  I mean, I know I've blogged about this before, but I just can't get over my baby's insistence on growing and changing.

It really does go by so fast.  Just yesterday it seems like I was rubbing alcohol on his umbilical cord that hadn't fallen off yet and buckling him into his infant carrier that he seemed to be swimming in (and now he can no longer fit in.)  Now, my days are full of trying to keep him sitting instead of standing in the bath tub, removing things with lids because he uses his teeth to pull the lid off, and trying to calm him down when he is throwing a fit (he pants like a dog...it's pretty cute, unless he's doing it all day, like he did today.)

I used to chuckle at the ridiculousness of the Duggars, but it all makes so much sense now.  I totally understand now always wanting to have a baby in the house.  I know people look forward to the time when they don't have anyone in diapers, but now that I've had a baby, I'm dreading it (maybe because we use cloth?:)  I always want there to be a baby in my house.  I can't even imagine what it's like to now have a cute, sometimes cuddly baby around.

Maybe I'm being dramatic, I mean Karter is only 7.5 months, but I feel like I'm losing my baby and sending him into toddler hood.  Just the first of many times that I will have no control over my ever growing baby, I suppose.

By the way, if anyone has 20 or so K names they want to send me, please do.  I'm prepared to give the Duggars a run for their money.

No comments:

Post a Comment